IMSI TurboCAD 18 Pro Platinum
TurboCAD® Pro Platinum is our most comprehensive CAD product for 2D and 3D design, documentation, detailing, and modeling.
Product website: Click for the official IMSI TurboCAD 18 Pro Platinum website
Click for Product Description (or scroll down the page)
Click for System Requirements (or scroll down the page)
In addition to including all the tools found in TurboCAD Pro, the Platinum version includes additional advanced mechanical and architectural design tools such as:
- Pattern tool to create 3D generative and parametric patterns
- Bend/Unbend tool, Sweep, Extrude, and imprint tools for 3D modeling
- Easy to use Quick Pull tool
- Advanced Pattern Constraints
- History enabled editing of ACIS objects
- Numerous parametrically controlled modifiers including new ‘On Polyline” tool
- Advanced Parametric Parts, and parametric symbols including the Weld Tool, Adhesive Tool, and Geometric Tolerance Tool
- Door and Window objects now offer the ability to add blocks to their definition, which adds unparalleled customization capabilities to these object types.
- Parametric Stairs, Rails and Rail Styles
- and so much more
In TurboCAD Pro you will find many of the most advanced technologies in the industry: 3D ACIS® Modeler from Spatial, D-Cubed™ 2D DCM constraint manager from Siemens Industry Software Limited, the Redsdk drawing engine for GPU-accelerated 2D and Wireframe display modes from Redway3d®, and LightWorks photorealistic and non-photorealistic artistic rendering capabilities from LightWork Design.
The Platinum product includes all of the advanced features necessary for both architectural design and more specific mechanical design tasks. Because of the breadth of mechanical and architectural tools, the Platinum Edition also is perfectly flexible for users whose projects cross disciplines:
- Designer-builders and Contractors
- Electricians and Plumbers
- Structural and HVAC Engineers
- Plant Designers
- and more!
TurboCAD Pro Platinum functionality can of course be extended through one of the many plug-ins for TurboCAD such as Animation Lab, CAM, Furniture Maker, or the Beam Analysis Tool. In addition, there is a Software Developers' Kit (SDK) and Ruby Scripting for TurboCAD Pro Platinum to allow you to create your own tools and customize behaviors.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Pentium® IV Processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with 512 MB RAM
- Windows Vista or Windows 7 with 1024 MB RAM
- 300 MB of free hard disk space
- Super VGA (1024 x768) display
- High Color (16 bit) graphics support
- 4X DVD-ROM drive
Your experience with TurboCAD will be greatly enhanced with a newer generation, higher speed CPU, 2-4 GB RAM, and larger display resolution and graphics support.
A GPU-accelerated wireframe render mode (based on Redsdk technology from Redway3D®) requires a supported graphic processing unit (either a chip on the board, or on a video card). The latest video drivers are typically required. Newer boards with more power and VRAM generally provide greater performance. To determine if your video card or personal computer uses is likely compatible refer to your System Specifications, or contact the manufacturer of your video card and see if it uses one of the following video chipsets:
- NVIDIA chipsets
- GeForce 8 Series
- GeForce 9 Series
- GeForce GTX Series
- AMD ATI chipsets
- R600 family
- R700 family
- INTEL chipsets
- GMA 4000 family
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Aero display mode causes interference with the Redsdk GPU-accelerated display mode. If you select this option TurboCAD will turn Aero mode off for that session. It affects only the transparency of the application window border.