Symantec Norton Antivirus 2012
If you spend a lot of time surfing the Internet, you need protection against online threats. Thanks to Norton AntiVirus 2012, Symantec's most popular security product, you are protected against a wide array of malicious software. Whether you are banking online, emailing friends or chatting via Instant Messaging, your protection is always on and up-to-date.
Product website: Click for the official Symantec Norton Antivirus 2012 website
Click for Product Description (or scroll down the page)
Click for System Requirements (or scroll down the page)
* Norton AntiVirus 2012 was engineered around the Intelligent Threat Protection concept: its core technology, the Norton Protection System, uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and remove threats - something that traditional virus detection methods cannot achieve. In addition, all downloads, files and applications are checked before you can use them on your computer. Security holes in your operating system and browser are guarded so no infections can get to you that way. Your emails and Instant Messages are always scanned to detect potential threats.
* Norton AntiVirus 2012 has top-notch performance: fast and light on system resources, it uses Norton Insight to scan only files that are at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance. Its Smart Scheduler feature initiates scans only when your PC is idle; Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans are delayed until you are done; for laptops, Power Saver Settings delay power-hungry activities until your computer is plugged in.
* Norton AntiVirus 2012 protects you against today's "rapid-fire" attacks, for which "signatures" don't yet exist. This is done with Norton Insight Network, which uses Symantec's global security network to extract information about the very latest threats and prevent them from getting to your computer. Also, the SONAR 4 technology uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and block new threats. Finally, Norton Pulse Updates allow frequent, small updates of Norton AntiVirus 2012's threat database, meaning it is as current as can be in terms of latest threat detection.
* Norton AntiVirus 2012 gives you information on threats that it has detected and removed so you know exactly what is going on with your computer, thanks to Norton Threat Insight. Also, Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads you are about to make and Norton File Insight shows you information about applications you are trying to install, whether or not they are trusted and if they will impact your computer's speed more than you'd like.
* Norton AntiVirus 2012 helps you keep your PC running at top speed with automatic and on-demand application optimization. Its Norton System Insight feature gives you a log of recent events such as downloads, installations, scans and detected threats so you can get a better understanding of what is slowing down your PC. It also provides you with resource usage graphs which help you pinpoint resource-heavy processes.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft® Windows 7® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- 300MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1GHZ for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7
- 256MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic Download)